Monday, January 18, 2010

Spinach and Red Pepper Frittata


I was going to take a picture of the finished product, but I ate it...... so this is right before it went into the oven.

I think I make a new frittata every weekend. They are so easy and a good way to use up some veggies. This weekend, two of my favorite veggies were used (that's what you get for sleeping in and making me get up early with the kids honey) spinach and red bell pepper. Hubby's favorite is the Spinach and Mushroom frittata.

Ingredients:

8 eggs
2 cups raw spinach *I've never tried using frozen, but I'd think you would let it thaw and then squeeze as much water out as you could. But frozen spinach doesn't taste nearly as good as fresh.
1 red bell pepper *the red and green were so pretty together, I should have made this one for Christmas morning.
1/2 cup salsa *I use mild, but use whatever heat you prefer
1/2 extra sharp cheddar (shredded)

I suppose spices would make some of my dishes even better, but I haven't figured out all of those just yet. Soon though, I did get some refills for my indoor herb garden. For now I just use a lot of salsa :)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 F and grease a round cake or pie pan.

Wash and chop your veggies.

Put all ingredients except for the eggs in a large mixing bowl and mix well.

Lightly beat your eggs in a small bowl.

mix eggs into the rest of your ingredients.

Pout batter into your prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes at 350 F. Insert a toothpick and it should come out clean.

Let it cool for about 10 minutes before serving.

Yes, yes I know a frittata is supposed to be cooked in a skillet on the stove..... get over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment